Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to load PEDGE3.ham during NW65 installation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rillenbri1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2006
US
During Netware 6.5 installation on PowerEdge 2850, with PERC 40/Di SCSI Adapter I receive the following error when I attempt to load the PEDGE3.Ham driver.

" The following driver instance failed to load Z:\drives\PEDGE3.ham slots 1008. The device supported bt the driver may be disabled. Is this a slot assignment issue ?
Has anyone encountered this problem.

Thank you for your help.
rillenbri1

What media are you using for the install? And where did you get the Driver from? Is it from the NEtware CD or from DELL?

I've seen problems where Newer servers tried to load older drivers and always fails..

if not already doing this, download the NW6.5 SP5 Overlay OS & PROD Cd's from Novell support site and install from them.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

The driver was taken from the Netware 6.5 install CD.
I will download and install the SP5 overlay and inform you of the status.

Thank you for your speedy response.

My 2850 with the PERC4/di is using PEDGE3.HAM v 7.02.06
as loaded from the SP4 overlay.

Hello Marvin and Lawnboy,

Thank you for your tip on the NW65SP5 overlay, resolved my problem. Unfortunately Dell has the 7.01 version posted for download and that cost me some time.

Best Regards,
rillenbri1

No problem. Just understand that the PEDGE3 driver covers a lot of different revisions of DELL hardware. That's why the older one wouldn't work - it took the newer driver to recognize the newer hardware.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back