Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to leave a VM message

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPSG

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2011
US
Any help is appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I have a BCM50 with a simple AA greeting that states everyone is busy, please call back later or leave a message. When the AA greeting is finished playing to the caller, there is no beep, no option to leave a VM. All you hear is silence for about 10 seconds and then the AA greeting plays again.

Ideas?

That is it, it is just the AA not a mailBox you can't leave a message in the AA. It is for the caller to do something by dialing an extension.

how do i setup an option to allow them to press 1 to leave a message, then have that message dump to the general delivery mailbox?

thank you for your reply!

You can set up CCR tree to use a single digit path 0 is a menu, record greeting, in path 1 xfer to mailbox 100. Erase greeting in AA or change to Good morning and so on.The flow is greeting per time of day then CCR tree programmed to play after greeting.

I just posted this in Norstar forum but its indicates via telset programming:

What your after is Custom Call Routing or CCR
You must disable the tree before you can make changes, this is near the end of Table options.....AA/TABLE/1/CCR/Disable (or 1 to enable).

For CCR greetings OTHER/CCR/ADMIN/1 and your path
Path 0 is the second part of your main greeting where AA/GRGT/GRTG/1 is the first part (i.e "thank you for calling ABC")
Path 0 would be "if you know your parties ext enter it now, sof Shipping press 1 for Orders press 2 etc etc"

The simple way to figure out what path to change or create is to note all the digits pressed to get to it.

So if you recorded under Path 0 - Thanks for calling ABC, for Web site and fax number press 1, Sales press 2 etc

If you press 1:
"for website press 1 and for fax # press 2....that is the greeting in path 1
Website Info would be path 11
Fax info is path 12

When changing a path make sure to press End and Save, then go back to enable the tree in Table per above.

Knowing this should make the guide easier to understand.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back