Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to install Smart List Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

msndba

Programmer
Dec 11, 2008
US
We upgraded GP from 9.0 to 10.0 and at the time of the upgrade, left off Smart List Builder.

We need to install it now, but when we try we get an error stating "unable to find GreatPlains.msi" -- well, we're using the CD and this file is clearly there.

We've tried the fix at but still get the same error, so are faced with uninstalling and reinstalling GP10.

Have any of you done this? Wat time frame did it take?

Our database is 33GB and the upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0 took 18 hours which is too long to be down when you are a 24/7 business like we are.

While I'm sure it won't take 18 hours to install since the table structure has already been changed, I also need to install the Service Packs (1 & 2) as well as do some other maintenance while I have the system to myself, so am trying to get a handle on just how much down time to expect.

Many thanks in advance for your considered responses.

You normally have this issue when installing remotely. I found that it helps to have the file saved locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back