Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to install os in power edge sc1430 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga0208

MIS
Sep 17, 2008
IN
hi all

i had taken a new dell power edge server sc1430. while i am installing the os . error getting didn't found the hard disk. but in post it is detecting the raid 5 driver. can anybody help out from this problem..am i need to install any driver for this. and how to install.

naga

Go into setup and tell it to boot from the RAID controller. I assume it's an add-on RAID card???

Burt

i checked the bios boot sequence. can u tell me where exactly choose the raid..but in post it is showing the Raid and detecting harddisk..while iam installing os ..it is not detecting the harddisk

I'm guessing that this is some flavor of Windows?

Download the RAID drivers from Dell's website, and put them on a floppy disk. When the Windows installer starts, press F6 to load drivers from floppy, put the floppy disk in the system, and follow the prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back