Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to install certificate in Win 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkwtfid

MIS
Nov 24, 2008
US
I need to install a certificate on a laptop with Windows 7 and I am having issues. I double click on the certificate and browse to the select install certificate, select next, place certificates in the following store, click on browse, check physical stores and when I expand any of the certificate stores I only see registry. I do not see Group Policy or Local Computer. I need to install it in the local computer location.

This is a brand new laptop fresh out of the box. I re-installed the OS maybe thinking something was missing and I have the same issue. I found a TID on how to install it via MMC. However my applciation still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Any help in these?

"Adding certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store for a local computer"
Manage Trusted Root Certificates

The application that fails to work, does it make any difference if you right-click on the shortcut to the program, or the .exe, and select the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

When installing (this application) try right-clicking on the actual Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back