Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to install applications to iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblehill

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2001
FI
Hi! This might be something simple, but I have not been able to find a workaround. I'm unable to install applications to iPad. I can't install anything directly from AppStore or by using iTunes on my desktop computer to download and sync with my iPad. I'm able to browse Appstore. When I want to install an application, I get prompted for my Apple ID password. After typing the password I'm asked if I want to improve my security by adding Apple ID security questions. When I cancel the pop-up question download does not begin. No error message. Nothing happens. I have also opened the security questions form to see if there's a checkbox saying that I don't want to these additional security questions. I does not say that additional security questions are required for the download to begin. I have not forgotten my Apple ID password, I can login to their website just fine.

I've browsed through forums and I've tried a couple of tricks. Cleaning Safari browsing history, setting the date in my iPad far in the future or even a factory reset and starting to use the machine as a new iPad, no backup restorations at all, does not help. I was able to install some the applications I used to have, because my Apple ID account had a purchase history, but not all. This is driving me nuts, I'm just about ready to go bobsleighing with my iPad.

Now I have the same problem with my second iPad, the one my employer got me. The first couple of months it worked just fine, I was able to install software from AppStore. Then it started to hassle me with the security question, too. Any ideas? I really don't want Apple to protect me from myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back