Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to install applications after i moved from window10 back to windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangodan

Technical User
Feb 3, 2012
US
Good Day,

I upgraded my laptop to windows 10, after using for a few days i decided to go back to windows 7 using the options provided. Since i have done this i have not been able to install applications on my machine. A simple example is, my evernote needed updating so i went ahead with the process. It download and gave the following error during installation " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

I have tried using the microsoft fixit tool and other instruction from microsoft but nothing seems to work. Have anyone ever experienced this and how was it resolved.

Regards

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6946a446-32ff-484a-bc35-413d0704138b&file=error.GIF
Yes, I have. It is the result of corrupt user files. *IF* you can, create a new user. If you can't, there is a long process to recreating your current user log in. See Fix a corrupted user profile and How to fix temporary profile in windows 7. Read each carefully and then mix the two to get a recreated log in. Make sure you have a very good backup!!!

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back