Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to get to internet through VPN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madisonit

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
US
My current setup I am using is I have a Cisco 3000 on one side and a Cisco 3002 on the other side, and I am not able to connect to the internet. But, I can do a nslookup on both ip addresses and domain names and everything seems to reply back fine. I am also able to connect to anything internally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just when connected to the VPN?

Probably using default gateway on remote side? (in the advanced properties of IP)

Iain

Have you configured a tunnel default gateway on the VPN Conc?

Yes. Only when users are connected to VPN. They are able to connect internally, and go both ways. But, when they try to connect to internet browser says page not found. And, I have tried more than one web site. If this was a problem with the gateway would they be able to do a nslookup on the ip and dns, but not able to connect to the internet?

Yes, I can do a nslookup on yahoo by domain name and ip address also.

Also, when I do a tracert of all of the proper ports are there. The users can do everything internal such as e-mail, intranet. Just can't get out to internet.

dns is correct, are the gateways wrong.
Using remote vpn gateway as LAN gateway addresses?

I THINK?? all of the gateways are set up correct as well. I was wondering if setting up a proxy server would help this problem??

check your access lists on the pix. if you can tracert to yahoo.com but can't open the page in a browser, maybe port 80 has not been permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back