Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to get remote text notifications in CP5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkhorse

Technical User
Nov 16, 2009
GB
Hi

I have CP5.0 running on a pair of 1005R Platform, i am unable to get the remote text notifications to work. It will not send the notifications into outlook.

It does however work fine with Desktop Messaging but given that we have limited licences i need to get remote notifications working.

I have ensured that i have the correct details for the smtp and imap exchange servers etc.

The boxes are not on the domain but they are connected to the network could this be the issue?

This didn't work for us for the longest time, but we finally got it working a few months ago. Two things to look at:

1)Check your relay settings on the Exchange server. Make sure that the IP address of your Callpilot is added (the CLAN address, not the VLAN).

2)If your Exchange server has multiple IP addresses, add an entry into the host file on your CP server to let it know which address it should correlate with the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back