Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to get printer default

Status
Not open for further replies.

zylmak

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2010
CA
Hi We created 2 forms, one graphical and an other Text so since the Text version is wider we need to print it in a Tabloid form landscape.

We use 2 printer printer1 witch default is letter Portrait and printer2 witch default is tabloid and landscape, on the window printer setup we set evervyting to tabloid.

Now when we try to print one document we do File + Print Setup and we select the printer.

Normaly if we do this with Word or Excell the document take the default of the printer witch is letter and portrait for printer1 and tabloid and landscape for printer2.

But in Great plain no mather witch printer we choose the paper size dont change we have to manualy change it and worst to be able to do it we must go thru selecting the printer then press property then advanced then select the paper size, if we dont do this it keep the paper size it was before.

We dont use named printer, is there a place where we can say to Great plain to take the default printer setup?

Use Named printers. That's what it's for.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Named Printers
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Hi winthropdc I tried the named printewr now im trying to fint the statement

RM Statement Blank Paper and RM Statement Long Form
MC Statement user defined and MC Statement Long Form

they are not in the named printer list

How do i add them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back