Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to forward Voicemail Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondojordo

Programmer
Nov 2, 2012
US
Howdy,

Running CM 5.2 and MM 5.2
Outlook 2010

Having issues all of sudden with forwarding the voicemail email from the MM inbox.
The message just sits in the outbox folder.
Never had an issue until recently.

Nothing on the Avaya side has changed, except for a couple server reboots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Need more info.

Is this a Exchnage back end ? Are you using a MSS and hooked into the MSS voice mailbox with a separate account ? When you say voice mail email is it sent to your Corp email ? How is it getting to your outlook inbox first?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I would say the MM is the backend, but I may not be understanding your question.
The exchange is the main corporate email server here.

Yes, we are using MSS with a separate MSS email account, which all settings have already been configured and tested, working successfully for years.

The voicemail is being sent to the MM email account in outlook, via our incoming MSS server, setup through exchanges' imap/smntp settings.

Sounds to me like something has changed in the outbound email server and it is not letting them go. I assume that your normal email goes out fine?

So what does your email admin have to say ? Any error's at all in outlook ?

Ken Means

That's what I reckon.

Normal email works fine.
Even if I change the sender of the voicemail to my actual exchange account, it works.
But when trying to send as the MM email, it sits in outbound.

They say what they always say, "nothings changed, check your system. It's an Avaya issue

Its not this time do you ever get an error ?

Ken Means

I'm trying to find errors in the logs, but im not sure what too look for

what do you have set for your outbound mail server in that account ?

Ken Means

I believe it was originally set to the facilities NLB server, and at some point it was allowing outbound communication and I changed it to our 2ndary MSS server, which acts as our backup and that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back