Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to find Unknown CSTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwondering

Programmer
May 11, 2005
US
Hey, I recently received vfp source code for a program for our office. The problem is recompiling that source code. I was told that everything is in those folders. I got it to open everything fine with VFP7 after a few minutes, but when I try to rebuild or build exe, it gives me the following error:

Unable to find Unknown CSTR

I traced it back to encode.prg, where it has the following lines:
IF TYPE('pass_str')='N'
pass_str = cstr(pass_str)
ENDIF

Does anybody know why it won't let me recompile, and how to fix this?

Thanks,
jonwondering

Cstr is not a native VFP function. I suspect that it is a User Defined function (UDF). This function should be in a prg file that was not sent to you. Have no fear, you can probably replace CSTR(pass_str) with TRANSFORM(pass_str).

Jean

Hi jonwondering,

It may be that they have provided you with the function cstr(), but it may not be part of the project.

Shardlow.

Thank you jesylv and Shardlow for explaining this to me. jesylv, I tried changing cstr to transform and it seems to work fine. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back