Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Find Path to Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

yod

Programmer
Jun 25, 2002
US
We are experiencing this error 3-4 times a month. In the middle of the day(sometimes morning, in other cases, in the afternoon), users can no longer connect to the server and they're getting this error " Unable to find path to server". I check the server and the Domino is working fine. But when I ping it using a workstation, I receive "Request timed out" reply. I check the TCP/IP services and the status is "Started". I have no other recourse but to reset the Server.
I'm planning to replace the NIC but still considering other options that you might want to share.

Thanks in advance
Yod

We sometime receive something similar and we get our users to do a winipcfg then release all and renew all. This normally fixes the problem

You might consider the fact that both of your networks are congested at that time.

I assume you're running Windows NT Server for your Domino servers. Make sure you have an up-to-date service pack on NT, even the workstations. You'd be surprised what an up-to-date service pack will get you.

Mike Hillwig
mike@hypermike.com
I've done more R5 deployments than I care to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back