Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to expand the folder in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Jul 28, 2002
CA
Hi,

I added a 2nd mailbox (Helpline) into my Outlook 2000. I already set permission as "user" in the Exchange 5.5 (SP4). I can see the folder, but when I click on the "+" in order to expand, i got the error message:

"Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened.The operation failed".

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Cheers

have there been any changes on your server recently, e.g. accounts moved, deleted, rebuilt...?

no change whatsover...if any change, it's been the creation of the mailbox "helpline". If you log in as helpline user, all is fine. I have similar account "hardware", same persmission (user) and it's fine.

To resolve this issue you will need to do the following:

(STEP1)
(1) Login to the "Helpline" mailbox from outlook.
(2) From within outlook do the following:
(A) At the top of the folder list, where you see,
"Outlook Today, Mailbox - Helpline", right click
your mouse and open up "Properties".
(B) From "Properties", click on the "Permissions".
(C) Click on "Add" and add yourself to the permissions.
Give yourself whatever permission role you deem
necessary and then click ok

(STEP2)
Now you will need to do the same tasks for every folder you want to have permission to (I.E - Inbox, Sent Items, Calendar, Deleted Items, etc). Go to the properties of each and add yourself to the permissions and give yourself whatever permission role you deem necessary.

(STEP3)
Log back in as yourself, go into your outlook. You should now be able to expand the helpline folder.

Let me know how you make out.

Zoe

Muche gracias Zoe, it did work:)))

Brontosaurus, thank you too.

Zoe, thank you very much...u made my day :))))
Brontosaurus, thank you too. By the way, Brontosaurus is my son's favorite dinosaure.

I have the same problem and I have tried just about everything including the above and it still give me the same error any other suggestions?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back