Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to email doc libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNW2

Technical User
Feb 10, 2009
GB
Hi.

I'm experiencing issues emailing document libraries in our WSS 3.0 sites on SBS2008. Emails used to work and suddenly stopped working. There were no known changes to the server prior to this happening. When emailing the email lands in the drop folder and then disappears as expected so the timer appears fine. The email itself doesn’t appear in the library however.

I’ve upped the logging on the server and when any email is sent to a library you get the error below.

Log Name: Application
Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Date: 16/03/2012 16:22:27
Event ID: 6874
Task Category: E-Mail
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: OUR_SERVER
Description:
An error occurred while attempting to create an attachment for an item sent via e-mail. The e-mail was sent to the list "RhysTest", and the error was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

Found a few people with the same issue and they’ve resolved by changing the E-mail Security to “Accept e-mail message from any sender” on the library. I’ve done this but still no joy.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back