Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to edit DTS package after installing DTS designer components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui1811

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
SG
Hi,

I want to view a DTS package installed in a sql server 2005 DB. I have installed the add on "Microsoft 2000 DTS designer components" and rebooted the sql server. Now when I try to open a DTS package I get an error message saying
"This package cannot be edited.

SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer components are required to edit DTS packages. Install the special Web download, "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components" to use this feature.

If the "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer Components" download is already installed, there might be a problem with the compatibility of icons persisted in this DTS package. See the following KB article for more details: (Microsoft.SqlServer.DtsObjectExplorerUI)
"
The article seems to deal with errors loading data thru the package but I cannot even open the package. I cannot migrate to SSIS due to nature of the application. Any ideas on what is causing this issue? Is there something else I have to do to be able to edit the DTS packages?

All ideas welcome.
Thanks guys..
Jacqui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back