Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy7

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
GB
I have a problem downloading any updates for IE - I have an error message that says "Installation of the component failed. Please try again later or chose "Windows Update" under the Internet Explorer "Tools" menu to install this component" When I press OK to clear the message the window behind "Download on Demand (IE)" disappears and therefore can't update.

When trying to do this manually through Windows update - - it will not search for available updates...the return is 0% and there is not option to pick updates to install individually (on the left hand scroll bar).

Previously when I have tried to download updates for Windows ME, it hangs half way through. I don't have a copy of the full Windows ME disk to uninstall/reinstall as it was "Ghosted" when I bought it and was sent a "fix" disc (which does not work anyway) and not the full version.

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back