Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to display pdf drill down report in new browser window

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodkumarn

Programmer
Jan 22, 2004
US
we run one web report in PDF format, then click on a hyperlink on the first report to call a second report, also in pdf format.

The second report appears on top of the first report in the same browser window instead of appearing in a separate browser window.

Is it true that we cannot force a hyperlink in pdf to open in a seperate browser window?

any solutions

kumar

On the field that you are hyperlinking the new report to, type in for the Additional Hyperlink Attributes (HTML) property:
Code:
TARGET=this

Additional link attributes only work with HTML but i need to open the report in pdf

Whatever you put for this property gets added to the hyperlink URL. And you are creating the URL for the PDF report call anyway, right? So just add the TARGET clause to your URL the same way it would appear if added with Additional Hyperlink Attributes property.

I am sorry i did not get you, can u please send me the url syntax as an example

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back