Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to dial * and # via QSIG in transit situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarstenHuhn

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
DE
Hi guys,

could anyone give me a hint with this situation:

Mitel MCD 5.0 SP1 PR1 in a 3300 CXi box connected to an "upper" Siemens HiPath 3550 V9.0 (link is set as S2 ECMA QSIG Master).
Everything fine so far but something seems to block * and # though they are in the middle of a dial string.

For example: I have to dial 7812 on a Mitel handset to get an analog trunk from the HiPath system (transit situation! That works, I get the far dialtone from the third party).
But then I have the necessity to further dial a feature code beginning with *. The * does not work, # neither, the dialtone persists.
Cyphers, in contrast, can be dialled, but no * or #.

Is there a setting in H3k that can be changed to get this work?
Maybe the HiPath system that doesn't allow * and # in transit situation, but I don't know.
(* and # directly to the HiPath system is no problem, e. g. Voice Mailbox can be configured).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Karsten

I suspect that the * is for local codes that are dialled on the HiPath only and # is the end of dialling.
Setup a speed dial with the codes embedded in that speed code and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back