Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to delete large number of records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruru9292

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hello,

Any one can tell me why I can not delete more than about 100 records at one time?

Requirements: I have two databases one is the current and other is archive. I want to select old records from the first DB and dump them in the second DB. So first I am running a query that appends all records from first database and dumped them in the the second database, then I am running a second query that deletes all records that got appended in the first one. However; the delete query get stock if the selected range of date pulls more than about 100 reocords. if I select a range of date that pull less than around 100 records then it runs fine. Any reason why? Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.

I tested the query on another computer and it works fine. it seems there is some issues with the memory size on the first computer. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back