Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to crete ADE file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirak

MIS
Feb 3, 2003
US
When I try to create an ADE file I get the error:
"Microsoft was unable to create an ADE file" and no help options. Do you know whats going?

Zirak,

Make sure the ADP is compiled before trying.

HTH,
Carla

Documentation: A Shaft of light into a Coded world

Zirak,

I am having exactly the same problem (did you figure it out?). Carla, I'm not sure what you mean by compiling the ADP. Could you elaborate?

If anybody has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been poking around for HOURS trying to find an answer (Access help, Microsoft site, google, etc..)

Thanks,
Birgit

My problem was solved when I Complied my DB.
Click Alt+F11 to get the VBA Editor, under the Debug menu choose Compile.

This will look through your project and make sure that every thing is correct.
For example, in may case, I under one of my Prived Sub, I had two End Subs, when I compleid it I found the error and I deleted one of the End Subs and then I was able to create the ADE file.

Good Luck

That was the problem! Thanks so much for your help!

Birgit

Sometime you will still get this error after compiling your database. I myself experience that problem recently when one of my databases was released on my network. I finally discovered that I needed to open my database with the /decompile command line then re-compile it. That fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back