Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to create a new template to the website created via Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzirpolo

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
GB
I am pretty new to Sharepoint and Frontpage but I am working on a project to create an XML data-driven website with FrontPage 2003.

The problem is... I am attempting to create a new 'Customer Support Web Site' and have specified the website I have already created in Sharepoint. But I keep getting the error,

"Server error: The web site that is referenced here is not in the configuration database"

1. If I type the url specified the Sharepoint Team Web Site page appears.

2. I have accessed the content database in SQL Server and there is an entry for the url I am using ?

I am mystified as to what's wrong ?

If I open the website in Frontpage, then attempt to add the Web Site Template with the 'Add to current Web site' checkbox ticked it seems to work.

Very strange ? Maybe a bug or something wrong in my IIS\Sharepoint setup ?

"For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all yellow strip." - John Motson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back