Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I was using Radmin to access a computer in another state. A friend of mine me up a web page that would constantly send me the IP address of the out-of-state computer because it would change from time to time.

Now I cannot access the machine anymore. The page he created to send back the IP address doesn't always work. I also had a person at the remote computer to see if they can go to one of those "whats my ip" sites and get their IP and they say it doesn't return anything.

Can anyone suggest what may have happened. I know nothing about this process. I need access to install programs and modify existing code.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Really you need to get a static ip address, you could use soemthing like which will update as your dynamic address updates.

But back to your issue.

1. Can you get on the internet from the remote PC?
2. Can the remote ping you?
3. Can you ping the remote?

From the sounds of it the remote has lost its Public IP on the remote go to start - run - cmd - ipconfig /all and I bet you get a 169.x.x.x address on the external card.... if not the external card has broke.

Post back and will help as much as poss.....

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back