Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect to user mailbox's as admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

maglight

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
AU
Hi All
Thanks in advance for taking the time to view this thread.
I had to rebuild the ex5.5 over the weekend and it went well
All the users are able to connect and send/recieve via the mailbox's
But I have to connect to some mailbox's for admin reasons, and while i can, I can't seem to open the folders. A message comes up (as follows)
"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location".. and as you can imagine it becomes a never ending circle. I have full rights at the top on the site, and is reflected as inherited throughout all the child objects and so on...
Any ideas?? all will be considered as it may lead to a different tack of thought.
Many thanks

Just a thought but have you assigned your account User permissions on the mailboxes in question? You won't be able to open them otherwise, although you will be able to administer them. Good luck!

Thanks all
I have found out how to gain thoses valuable permissions.
I selected the properties of the recipients container,
and on the permissions tab rather than rely on the inherited permission, I added my self (administrator) as windows account with permission/s.
This worked a treat. Any account added to that container can be viewed by the administrator with the relevent rights.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back