Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect to the Datastore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctxuser

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2005
GB
There is a connection to the datastore, I've just ran the DSN file to test database connection on the SQL server every connection was fine. This is the error message received via the system log Event viewer.

**The Citrix MetaFrame XP Server failed to connect to the Data Store. Error - IMA_RESULT_DBCONNECT_FAILURE The
database is down or there is a network failure.** Event id 3621. Anyone with ideas please.? Thank you very much in advance.

Sometimes, you just have to forget your head and grab your balls ...!

chfarm and reconnect that way? Perhaps a bad username?

Actually there is a connection to the datastore, this is what beats me...Howelse can you verify that you are not connected to the Datastore ?..

Stop and start the IMA service, if it starts you are if it don't you are stuffed.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

honestly, do a chfarm and reconnect yourself.

I had a similar issue and did that to resolve the problem.

What is the effect of running chfarm on ica sessions, wouldn't this disconnect them ?

oh by the way I've restarted the Citrix server, the IMA serveice starts. of course I could have restarted the service alone..... I'm thinking of going the path of chambers suggesstions...

You're running chfarm to re-establish a connection to the database, nothing to do with ICA sessions. OF course do this when no one is on the server otherwise you'll be getting calls :)

Actually it does have something to do with ICA connections when using the chfarm utility. I haven't made any changes with our live servers first, neither will I do this. What I intend doing is to first take images of these servers and then use that image on our test lab, use the chfarm command then see the results b4 approaching these live servers. Let's remind ourselves that live servers serves users especially when we don't have any redundant server available....

No redundant servers? if I were you I would shoot for redundant servers first before a test server stricly devoted to Citrix. Also, make the change during off hours so users aren't affected. In either case, let us know what happens. Good luck!

Chambers,

I was having the same issue and I followed your suggestion to do the chfarm and that worked like a champ.

Thanks for the post.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back