Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Connect to Metaframe Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefshuuj

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2009
AU
Hello,

We recently inherited our sister companies citrix servers.
They are running Server 2003 Standard with Citrix Metaframe.

I have just done the MS Updates to the server as they were over 12 months out of date.

I can still login to the client and work. However I can no longer get into the Metaframe Console to see who is online and be able to shadow them.

The on screen error that shows on the screen is:
**The data store for this farm is temporarily unvailable***

The event log error is:
Source: IMA Event ID: 3989
Error: The Citrix Presentation Server failed to connect to the Data Store. ODBC error while connecting to the database: 08001 -> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Stephen

stefshuuj,
Check the SQL server where the Datastore resides. Make sure that the DB is still there and make sure you have rights to the DataStore DB.

Hope that helps.

Check out c:\Program files\citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.dsn

In there should be the details of the database type (access or Sql ) etc

Hi,

In admin ID citrix works fine in all the way & if users log in to the domain they were also able to log into the citrix. But after citrix login the desktop window icons not executing any pages & it's in halt state. pls help some one to get rectify this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back