Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect to MD110 with EMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerdito

Technical User
Aug 23, 2004
IE
hi,

just recently upgraded our to DNA 5.2 on a Win 2003 server. I was able to connect EMG fine, but now I can't connect, getting "can't synchronize with <IP address of MD110>". When I try to telnet into the MD110 I get an "all ports in use" message. Is there anyway of unblocking the ports?

assuming your IP address is correct,

check using IONCP & IONPP

try restarting the NIU card

also try restarting the folowing prog units

TWP3
ILNP
ILCP
NIP

Try in mdsuport, in control access.
Look if your user is bloqued

Since the upgrade, the ports on our IPU connection have completely locked at least once every day meaning nobody could connect with extension manager or MD110 support. This means that I have to telnet in and reset the agent box with the system admin settings.

I was advised yesterday by the engineer who performed the upgrade not to telnet in again after resetting and to ensure that any sessions of Extension Manager were disconnected properly. These instructions were followed. After resetting the agent box, only one connection was made, our helpdesk client box connected with Extension manager (I made sure that nobody else connected anywhere). However, all the ports locked up again this morning and had to be reset.

This issue never occurred before the upgrade. Obviously it is not feasible to have to reset the agent box every day. Any ideas?

we've only got IPU, it's an old system (BC10) and there's no budget to upgrade to NIU

????? there is no ethernet port on an IPU, however there is a known problem with the NIU2 where the ports lock up and the card refreshes if the V24 ports are not logged off properly before disconnecting.

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

RFBOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back