Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to connect pocket pc to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremydegardeyn

Programmer
May 14, 2008
US
Hello

I am trying to develop an application in VS 2008 (C#) that I can deploy to a pocket pc. A simple hello world app works fine. However, I need to be able to connect to our systems SQL tables on the network, or even an Access database. Normally I would develop using odbc libraries, but I found that mobile devices (Windows CE) do not support this. I then explored the SqlCe library (Microsoft SQL Server). I found a whole walkthrough, but when I tried to run it crapped out at compile time saying it couldn't find sqlceme35.dll. This is apparently a known problem but I have been unable to find a workaround. Any ideas?

I was going to try to create a web project, but I found that VS-2008 no longer has a Mobile Forms designer which was upsetting since I've already lost most of my patience at this point.

I really just need to connect to and read from our network systems tables or an Access database from pocket pc. Any pointers to a comprehensive and functional workthrough for VS 2008 would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back