Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to completely kill nsrjb with NW7.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblm07

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
GB
After upgrading to NW7.4.2, I had a need to manually label a tape. Unfortunately someone had kicked off an "nsrjb -I" on this jukebox with 30 unknown tapes just before me.

So I killed the nsrjb process from the OS and normally this would give me control again to do my label, but in 7.4.2 it seems to spawn control of this job somewhere else as it continued mounting/unmounting each of these tapes until completing 30-40 minutes later. At no stage did the nsrjb re-appear at OS level.

My question is where has this control been passed to (nsrlpcd or nsrjobd?) and how do we go about killing nsrjb's if they just carry on in the background somewhere anyway?

I assume, you should have done that from the GUI. Killing the nsrjb process form the command line would do that but of course the job manager will not become aware of it. Although i have never verified the behavior, this is what i would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back