Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Close File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error7

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
GB
Using the WebBrowser control and some simple HTML, I'm successfully streaming live video from individual cameras on my video server and writing the files to a hard drive.
However, I have been unable to close any of the video files without teminating my programme first.
The sample HTML code states "stop=True" will stop receiving images from the Video Server and close any open files (avi/mpj), but this doesn't have any effect.
I have also tried the VB6 "Stop" command which is supposed to close all open files but that doesn't work either.
Has anybody any other suggestions that I might try.

[gray]Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.[/gray]

Um - where do you get the idea that the Stop statement closes files? The documentation states "The Stop statement suspends execution, but unlike End, it doesn't close any files or clear variables".

(ok, it does

My mistake, I meant the Close statement. And I also meant to say the files don't close until I terminate VB, not just my programme.

[gray]Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.[/gray]

I was wondering, if I know the location path and the filename, is there a way of closing the file without exiting the programme?

Guessing:

You are writing to a file from a stream. A stream that has no end.

Or you are trying to close the file before the stream has stopped.

Stop writing before closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back