Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to click on Sign in Reader, but can edit, save and use digital signatures from Acrobat form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have tried calling support for 2 days to no avail. I've tried the chat with Acrobat. We own Acrobat 8 but need to upgrade but cannot get the Trial of Acrobat XI to work properly with our forms, so we're not going to buy it unless it works on 1 form. I've been trying for over a week to get this to work, but can't get any answers from anyone.

I created a simple word document then created a form from it.
I have a sigature line.
I saved the pdf form from Acrobat XI Pro using the Extended Reader > Additional Features.
I have verified the properties of the pdf it created that security says "No Security" and the Signing says "Allowed."

In Reader 10.1.4, I can fill int eh form no problem. I can email the form. I can save the form so no issues there.
I can click on the digital signature icon and then add a digital signature.
I can click on Extended (to right of Tools, Sign, Comment) then use Sign, Place Signature and Ink Signature.
I CANNOT, however, click on the Sign button on the toolbar (between Tools and Comments) because it says my security settings prevent adding text or adding a signature. I don't have any securtiy on it. I CAN add text. I CAN add signatures.

I would be happy to just use the Sign buttons under the Extended Pane on the toolbar, but when you open a PDF from within IE/Chrome (ie when you publish them on a website so users can access them) there is NO Extended Pane option. They have to save the pdf, then open with reader.

Why is it saying I have security restrictions when I don't?
Why is the Extended pane missing when viewing pdf in IE? It's the same Adobe Reader that I open when I open a pdf directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back