Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change UnixWare 7.1.1 serial port speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qedadmin

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
US
I am connecting a number of serial devices to a UnixWare 7.1.1 MP2 box through a DIGI 8r 920 multiport board. After installing the drivers for the DIGI board and accessing the board through SCOADMIN Serial Manger I am unable to change the port speed. A stty or ditty shows the port speed as 9600. In SCOADMIN Serial Manager the ports are set to Hardware flow control, outgoing only, 2400bps, 8 bit no parity. The setting appears to be enter without error however when SCOADMIN Serial Manager is viewed again the port speed shows as "auto" and again an stty shows the port as set to 9600. I have tried enabling the port, at which point SCOADMIN Serial Manager will change the port speed to 2400, and then disabling the port with pmadm -d. At this point Serial Manager shows the port as: M term/00h disabled 2400 COM 1 hardware flow. But again an stty or ditty shows the port speed as 9600. The two on-board COM ports exhibit the same behavior. I am unable to change the incoming speed on some of the serial devices so I am at a loss as how to get this to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm no expert on these cards, but have you tried using the mpi software to set the port speeds? I presume it would have been installed with your Digi drivers, as per OpenServer. Annihilannic.

Annihilannic:

Thanks for your response. Yes the card was set up with the mpi utility. DIGI has a PCU utility that is used to change the port set-up after the card is configured with mpi but in this case DIGI says not to use it as it conflicts with UnixWare's Serial Manager. They advise using ScoAdmin to set-up the serial ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back