Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change the configuration of Lotus Notes Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatRat

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
MK

Hello,

I am having an issue with a Lotus Notes client installation. During the initial installation of the Lotus Notes client I was unable to connect to the Domino server, cause the network was disabled, and a local account was automatically created. Later I couldn't change the settings.
What I want to do is re-install the client but when ever i re-install it, there seems to be a file that remembers the previous configuration. I have deleted the folder where the client was installed, as well as a file in the My documents folder. What else needs to be done, in order to be lotus free and the installation can be done from scratch?

If you ever need to reconfigure a Notes client from scratch, you don't have to remove the software. Search the hard drive for the notes.ini file, then remove everything in that file except the first three lines. When you restart Notes it will kick off the configuration sequence.

If you do rip everything out, make sure you run the uninstall first, then delete the folders.

If the installation is on Win7, the user data folder is hidden - you have to go directly to c:\users\[username]\appdata\local in Explorer to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back