Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change settings / modify views etc - _vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncotton

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2006
GB
Hi all,
I'm very much a SharePoint Newbie, but I've come across an issue that has stopped me dead in my tracks.

Anytime I try and create/modify a view, change versioning settings etc I get a blank page with the following suffix in the address bar ..._vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001

If I do the same in Chrome, I get the same address, but with the following page error -

An error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0
Looking around, I see references to disabling minimal dowload features (tried but no difference), and lots of things mentioning changes to custom Http Modules etc, but I haven't got anything like that. I literally have a few standard site collections of Team and Doc Centre types, with standard off the shelp web parts in them.

I am loathed to start trying to poke around and change random things as I don't want to make it worse as I don't know what I'm doing at that level.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Regards
NC

I've finally resolved this, however I cant find any reference to this issue on the internet ANYWHERE so hopefully this may help someone.

Under the site in IIS, Handler Mappings, Edit Feature Permissions, CHECK/ENABLE “Execute”, Restart site
This was to be DISABLED to allow for the copying of executables and dlls via Explorer.

Regards
Neil

Neil J Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back