Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change password due to full disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC427

Technical User
Mar 12, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have inherited a call pilot Rls 4 which i dont really know much about. All im familiar with is the add, move and changes to the mailboxes.

I have tried to reset a password today and it has come back with a message that its run out of disk space. Sure enough, by logging into Server2003, i can see that the C: drive only has 2% disk space left.

What i am a little confused about is that the C: drive was only configured with 3.2gb and the D: drive with 52GB. Is this a normal build or has the primary partition been built too small?

Also, can anyone tell me where the messages are stored, as i assume that this is the problem with the full disk, so i can tell if it is that, that has filled up the disk.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue would be greatly appriciated. Also, is there a tool that can tell me which mailbox is using the most space, so i can ask certain users to delete some messages.

Thanks in advance

AC427...what you can do is login to the server go to
start menu then programs then accessories do a disk
cleanup and select compressed old files this should get
you going.take a look and your peps and let me know
what peps you have.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Cheers Strmwalker, that has free`d up quite a bit, but im concerned it will happen again.

As i said there is another partition with 52gb free, is there a way i can create another volume ID on the larger partition and create new mailboxes on that. I also have about 50 mailboxes that have never been used since creation 18months ago, that i could delete and recreate on the 2nd volume ID

AC427...the d: drive is partition that way for a reason
why only nortels knows.now if you could look and see what
peps you have and then i can tell you if you need the latest and greatest because there is on of the new pep
that re-partition c: and the d: drives.

strmwalker

ok, thanks Strmwalker. These are the PEPS that i have installed currently

CP40404SU02S
CP404S02G04C
CP404S02G09S
CP404S02G10S
CP404S02G11S
CP404S02G14S
CP404S02G19S
CP404S02G20S
CP404S02G21S
CP404S02G25S
CP404S02G26S

AC427...looks like you are way out dated.
here are the peps you should be at.
CP40404SO04.exe
CP500S02G23C.msi this is callpilot manager
CPSECPEP010S.msi this is hotfixes
CPDSKPEP001S.msi this is pep that re-partitions the drives
CPSECPEPSP2S.msi this service pack 2

strmwalker

I am struggling a little here as I cannot find a reference, but I was always taught that a CP required about 500M free on the C drive in order to function correctly. The less the space, the more the "odd issues" that occurred to the point of actually stopping.

In the past, the most common thing I have found that filled a C drive needlessly is that the PEPs loaded to a system have been stored on the C drive. This could either be in a Temp directory, or in fact on the desktop. Have a look there, and if you do have old PEPs needlessly stored, delete them.

DFKSydney...that is why i say to put the new PEPS
in and if you will look one of those PEPS is
CPDSKPEP001S.msi it will re-patition the c: and d:
drives nortel found that it had an issue on the way the drives are partitioned trust me the peps work.

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back