Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to change Mailbox Number size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT1Mac

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
US
I started a thread in the wrong forum, so let me put this up here and see if anyone knows/has a suggestion on how to fix this problem.

I have a CallPilot 201i with software 5.0 running at a site with a 61C (not sure on the software version, but we updated it this to current software in Nov). The site has DID service that passes the last three digits, so we use 3 digit extensions. For some reason the CallPilot will not let me work/create a mailbox that has a 3 digit mailbox number, it requires that it be 6 digits in length.

I changed the settings to have a variable and then a 3 digit mailbox number length with no effect. I've read just about all of the adobe doc's for CallPilot without finding anything else other than the settings I've already made that would affect the mailbox number length.

Did I miss something or could the 61C have a setting that I don't know about that is causing the CallPilot to override the settings for mailbox length? I'm stumped, and just about to take my 10 lbs hammer over to knock some sense into the CallPilot card.

So within Messaging Managment you have set the "Length of mailbox number to 3 and then selected save. DO you have existing mailboxs on the system ? ? ?

IT1Mac - have you a resolution on this yet? we have run into the same problem.

We migrated from cp4 to 5 and now at one of our sites we cannot modify any of the mailboxes as it's saying mailbox length is incorrect (we have 4 digit boxes)

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Check password under Messaging/Security Administration

If the password is set to 6 digits you have to change this.

Reason:

If 6 digits are required the system cannot create a default password because the default it 12+DN (ie. 123333) and this will kick back an error window when you try to save the user.

Change the default password length to 5 digits and you should be fine. If you are using 3XX for extensions, change the location code 11/12 depending on release to something else like 99 or you will run into a default password of 12345 and the system will kick back another error messge because it is a simple password.

This should help

Janaya

Brilliant!

Many thanks

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back