Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmilz

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
CA
Hi all!

I have a rather perplexing problem on my hands.

This just started happening a few days ago. I am using Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 for Windows Servers. When I attempt to catalog a tape, Veritas just loads it into a drive, then unloads it, then loads it again... over and over... in the Activity Monitor the Catalog job sits at "Loading Media".

I am getting really frustrated as there is data on the tape that a client really needs to have restored. Can anyone help me out.... does it sound like a software or Hardware issue? I have a Dell Powervault 132T Tape Library with two LTO-Ultrium Drives installed.

Thanks for all your help!

Hmmm sounds like hardware to me. I have seen this on some LTO 1 drives - it just doesnt accept the tape. Can you load the tape manually without a problem??

Try stopping the services and renaming betopcat.idx.
I think rols may be on to something, its not seeing whats in the drive. Have you ran a inventory before a catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back