Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to browse My Network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar36

Programmer
Feb 9, 2003
US
I have a WIN2K3 server network running Win2K clients in DHCP AD mode. The system was running excellent. I was running out of IP addresses so I moved to a larger IP structure. Now I can no longer browse the network from the clients. I get an error "The list of servers for this workgroup is currently not available." I can ping the server& router, I can access the router & connect to the internet, I can map a drive on the server from the workstation & I can add a network printer (as long as I provide the network address manually) but I can not browse the network. At the same time I changed the IP structure I also changed the Administrator password for the network and all workstations. They are now differnt. Before they were the same. I don't see that this is the problem but just to input all changes. Any help you can gige me on which way to jump from here would be great.

Thanks, Robert

Do a test. from your workstation try to browse shares on a server:

In the address box of Windows Explorer type \\servername and hit enter. You should get the list of available shares on the server.

Repeat this test with \\IPAddress

You will also want to verify that you have "Use NetBIOS over TCP/IP" enabled on the WINS tab of your advanced TCP/IP properties. Check that at the server and workstations.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back