Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to browse folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfnet

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
GB
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum but the problem is specific to Windows 7...

I have a user who has no problem accessing the redirectedfolders directory on their server on any machine in the company, except for one Windows 7 laptop. I retasked it for her and the desktop contents were not mapped. When I looked the policy was not applied and when I browsed to \\server\redirectedfolders I got a permission denied error. It is ok on someone else's profile, but I left and rejoined the domain with the same effect. I have got to the point of being prepared to reload the laptop but thought I'd put the question out there in case anyone has seen this before.

Assuming you are running Win 7 Pro I had the same issue as well. Turned out I had to use the Sync Mgr in control panel when it was on the network.

Ah nice, thanks for that. I'll give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back