Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to browse certain website

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchooi

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
MY
I suspected there are some spyware or virus in my PC. When I tried to browse to a certain website eg or I am not able to access to them. No problem using other PCs in my office to surf these 2 homepage.

I have scanned my PC with Ad-Aware and Microsoft Anti-spyware but it didnt detect anything. I have also scanned my PC with NAV, it also didnt detect anything. As far as I know, there is no firewall in my office. I talked to my boss about the firewall, he say "later".

I am greatly appreciated if someone could assist in this matter.

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Before Posting a Hijack log file - Best Practices
faq608-4650

It's ill-advised to tell people to turn off system restore as anything in system restore is trapped in there and turning off system restore means the user now has no restore point to go back to if there system becomes unstable etc.

It's far better to have a infected system restore point than no restore point at all!

Turning off system restore does not aid in the cleaning process as any viruses, worms etc which are trapped in there as only system restore can access files in system restore!

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

Once you have cleaned the PC and are sure all is well I think it is good practise to turn off system restore, this deletes the system restore files. Then immediately turn system restore on again and make a new restore point.

This way you can't accidentally restore the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back