Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to boot 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerotl

Programmer
May 22, 2000
MX
I´m having serious trouble trying to boot AIX. I was installing DB2 and I did two things.<br><br>*Resized /usr and /home partitions.<br>*Installed some patches that were sugested by Db2 setup<br><br>The server is a:<br>RS/6000 43P Model 150, with a SCSI HD.<br>with AIX 4.3 installed.<br><br>I heard of a manteinance mode, how do I get in?<br><br>I would greatly appreciate any help.<br>Please replay to this message or send me an e-mail at<br><br><A HREF="mailto:homerotl@dextratech.com">homerotl@dextratech.com</A><br><br>

check your space on root perhaps root is full remember when increasing space makes your hd full and seeing that your hd is the bootdisk where root and home is sitting you ran outta space and u must have space available for booting .ive explained it to you in the recover rootvg question.<br>goodluck chow

to get the server to maintenance you need to boot of the aix 4.3 cd. You do this by puttting the cd into the drive and bootup the server. when it gets to the point where keyboard, mouse etc are shown on the screen hit f5 if you have a graphical console or 5 if you have an ascii console. This will now boot an image form the cd run through the menue still you get to where you have the install option. The lats option in this list says &quot;go into maintenace mode&quot;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back