Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Bind to DNS server - event id 4000 - smtpsrvc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgarner58

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2003
US
Here is the deal. I have a webmaster inside my office that is trying to have a site send email to an inside email address. When he first set this up it did not work because the server was not on the domain so i think exchange was rejecting the mail. I joined it to the domain and logged it in and voila, the mail started to work.

A couple days later this server began to be unstable because of virtual memory issues. Thinking he was helping he unjoined the machine from the domain. Once he did, he started to get the error listed in the thread subject. We rejoined the machine and he still gets that error AND the mail no longer works. I tried everything I can think of. The machine IS a member of the domain. DNS seems to be working just fine but smtp DOES NOT want to send this email. His website code has been verified as correct as well.

I looked up the error message on eventid.net but there appears to be a myriad of possible solutions. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before?

Are you running McAfee anti-virus. If so, make sure it is not blocking port 25. It does this to thwart off mass email worms...

no, the antivirus that is running on it is symantec corporate. this was working just fine three weeks ago then the guy removed the machine from the domain. we have since re-added it but the messages remain and the email functionality just isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back