Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to backup mailboxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chihab

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
CA
I'm using networker 6.1 on a win2k with sp2 to backup msexchange 2000 using networker module ver. 3.0.11.74 and i was never able to backup any mailbox manually.
error message :
Unsuccessful savesets :
*server_name MSEXCH:MB/MAILBOXNAME nsrexec : authtype nsrexec
savefs : unknown error 1314 (0x522)
i was logged as administrator and member of exchanges services group wich has all the appropriate rights to backup mailboxes.
on the "remote" tab of the client i filled the administrator user with the corresponding password.Is there something i missed? Please help.

Many thanks.

Have you changed the account used by the networker remote exec service to the Exchange Service account on both the Legato server and the Exchange server?

exchange services is a group that have all the rights on mailboxes and the administrator is member of this group.Can please be more clear ?

If you are still having a problem with this, there is a fix that I can send you. It was just provided by Legato after I had an open case on this for a long time. Email me at dave02861@yahoo.com if you would like the patch.

regards,

Dave

ok. after applying a path from Legato the problem is gone. Manual and automatic backups are working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back