Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to autoprotect !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

menny10

Technical User
Jan 23, 2001
MX
My NAV Corp ver 5.0, still disable the autoprotect,it can't work if i hit the enable botton, it after i saw a report of some virus.
any ideas.

Go to and run an online virus scan.

If it finds anything, remove it. Then I would recommend reinstalling Norton Antivirus, running Live Update and making sure autoprotect is never disabled and your virus definitions are ALWAYS up to date

thanks, shaner66

I did those scan by hosecall, and everythig is fine, i think some files of the nav, was delete or corrupt.

I had a problem with notron corp 8.1 not loading the readtime. notsure if this will work for you but try using "Sevinst.exe /r /nt" at ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/symevnt/sevinst.exe. it installed required files for norton and fixed my problem.

that link didn't post right:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/symevnt/sevinst.exe

Some of the clients in my organisation do get the AutoProtect Disabled notification. What is the cause of this and how do I remedy it? I'm currently running SAVCE 9.0.

Andy

You may want to start a new thread on this. The original post is from back in 2003 and applies to a version of Norton that is no longer supported.

On the other hand, if you are using Fast User switching... then you may run into the problem all the time. SAV does not really like fast user switching, and I have seen it report that autoprotect is not running even though it is working just fine.

If at any point you like to check whether autoprotect or realtime is still working for sure, I suggest you work with the EICAR test string at Whenever you download the eicar.com file, autoprotect should block it and warn you about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back