Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to automate NT Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbajock

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
US
I have been trying to set up NTBackup to back up my Exchange Information Store to a file on a hard drive. It works fine when I run it manually, but when I try to run it using Windows scheduler I get the message:

Replace Data:

The requested media is not blank. It was created by another application.

Do you want to continue? ?

Needless to say, the interruption of an automated job by a request for user input sucks rocks, especially when I am not even using a tape drive. The only thing I can find on it is MS article #295159, which deals with tapes. I am not using a tape, so this information is useless. Has anyone got a workaround on this?

I have not backed up to a file, but have backed up to tape. the first dialog box gives you a choice to append to media, or overwrite. Which ever is selected, I would choose the other. It seems simple, but who knows, it may work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back