Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to attach to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2004
Unable to attach to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes

I am running Backup Exec 11d on Windows Server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition

Backups had been running fine for months, then last week, these errors started to show up:

Backup- \\server01.somecollege.edu\E: Exchange Unable to attach to \\server01.somecollege.edu\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.

V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

I have searched the TekTips forum and reviewed the Symantec Support best practices.

As far as I can tell, the rules are:

1) The account must be a member of the Domain Administrators Group. (Active Directory Group membership)
2) The account must be a member of the local machine Administrators Group on the exchange server. (lusrmgr.msc Administrator Group membership)
3) The account must have an Exchange Mailbox.
4) The account’s Exchange Mailbox must not be hidden from the Exchange Address List.
5) The account’s Exchange Mailbox must be initialized by receiving and sending at least one email message.
6) The account must be an Exchange Full Administrator (Role delegated via Microsoft Exchange System Manager.)
7) The Backup Exec Services must be set to log on as this account.

The original account (which had been working) did not comply with several of these rules. I added the missing requirements to that account, and still got the same message.

I then created a new user account, complying with all of the rules, and attempted to create a new selections list using the new account, but got a message saying “Failed to access Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, logon account BEService”

What am I missing?

Please help, HRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back