Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to add network place

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo6

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2006
US
I am trying to create a network connection to our company intranet. I am doing exactly the same as everyone else in the office but am unable to connect. This is what I am doing step-by-step:
1. Go to My Network places, tools, Map Network Drive
2. I choose "sign up for online storage or connec to a network server" The "Add Network Place Wizard" loads.
3. I choose "Choose another network location...website..FTP"
4. I enter the url (which I know is correct becaue I can get to it via IE). and hit "next"
5. A username/passwork dialog box appears. At the top I see the url but not the /sharename at the end of it
6. I populate the username/password box and click OK
7. The same dialog box reappears but this time the usernname box is populated with the URL. It has "/username" instead of "/sharename" at the end.
8. No matter what I do at this point, (and I've tried everything) I get "The folder you entered does not appeard to be valid"

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back