Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to add column header descirption in crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

adasoft

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
IN
Hi,

I have to amend one report build using Business Objects (version 6.1). The report is using two crosstabs. I am able to add the two columns needed for amendment but I am unable to add the column header description for them. While adding the column header description, it gives error message "Variables are not compatible(DMB0008)".

Can Anyone help me so that I can add these column header descriptions. Its very urgent.

Thanx in advance.
Adasoft

Variables are not compatible(DMB0008)".

Would usually indicate that you are using multiple non-synchronized (non-linked) dataproviders.

On the other hand, you mention adding columns? Is this a crosstab or a table?

Ties Blom

Hi Ties,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using cross tab. I have placed measure type variables for the values I want to get in two new columns. Ony problem is that I am unable to add the column header description. Can you help me?

With regards,
Adasoft

Adasoft,

A crosstab is build with 2 dimensions and a measure.
The number of columns you see in your report depends on the number of values of the column-dimension.

You can add cells above the crosstab if you want.

Not sure what you are after though.....

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back