Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to acquire media error on cleaning tape in BE8.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyboards0822

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2002
US
Running BE8.6 on an NT4SP6a srvr connected to (2) HP DAT24 Surestores and (2) SunMicro 24x6 Autoloaders. Orig BE8.6 was on different srvr doing direct to tape. New srvr is doing B2D and then running tape against the local backup srvr. I imported all the media and as the jobs came up we relabeled the tapes and the backups work flawlessly, both incrementals and fulls.

The problem comes in when I try doing a cleaning job on the 24x6's. I keep getting a fail on the job and the log entry
"Unable to acquire media.
The media this operation is attemting to use can not be found. Please make sure at least one slot in the robotic library is marked as a cleaning slot in Backup Exec and contains a cleaning media.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^"

Yup, deleted the partition and repartitioned the library. Tried different slots as the cleaning slots. Deleted the job and re-entered it again (and again and again). Tried running it manually. Tried a new tape. Swapped magazines. Tried a different brand of cleaning tape. Deleted and reinstalled the drives (and drivers).

Cleanings always went well on the old srvr. I'm now pulling out the last remaining strands of hair I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Richards
IT Manager
FASI Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back