Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to access server locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigii

Programmer
Feb 11, 2003
US
I have SQL Server Express 2005 running on a Windows 2003 Server. Ther was also software on the server for our timeclock and it used a light version of SQL Server 7.0. I needed to uninstall the timeclock software and it took the version of SQL Server 7.0 with it. No big deal I thought, since that was the only thing that used it. Well, I was wrong.

Here is the problem. Now I cannot connect to the database server through Managment Studio Express on the local server. I can get to it on any other machine, but not on the server itself. The big problem with that is that neither can Backup Exec which uses the database for backups.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the sa password?

Is there another account that has SysAdmin privs that can get you into the server?

If the answer is NO to both questions ... then you will have to reinstall the SQL instance.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back